McNair yellowSquares respects and upholds your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). McNair yellowSquares also adheres to the Privacy (Market and Social Research) Code 2014 (“Code”). For more information about the Privacy Act, the Australian Privacy Principles and the Code click here.
McNair yellowSquares is Australian owned and operated.
Once you choose to provide us personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with SurveyMob.
Your anonymity and privacy at a glance
Your identity and contact information is kept in a high security database. Your identity is never passed on to clients for marketing purposes. The security of our records is audited every year to ensure compliance with ISO 20252:2012, the International Standard for Market and Social Research.
• When you participate as a panel member your privacy is assured
• We will not make any personal information of our members available to anyone without your permission. This includes your name, address, phone number and email address.
• We will never try to sell you anything – that is not our business.
• We will never sell your name to anyone else who might try to sell you something.
• We hold all your details and any participation in the strictest confidence
• Your individual responses to surveys will also be kept confidential and will never be linked to your personal identifying information. Results are generally combined and presented together with all the other findings from the study.
• Your decision about participating in a study, responding to specific questions or discontinuing participation will be respected without question.
What personal information SurveyMob may collect
• When you join SurveyMob, we collect the following personal identifying information: your name, address details, gender, age and email address.
• When you sign up to SurveyMob we will require you to verify your account. You will be required to enter a mobile phone number and verify this is a valid number by entering the SMS code you receive. While your mobile number will be stored on the SurveyMob database for identification purposes you can opt out of receiving SMS research invites.
• The types of personal information collected are used to improve our products and services (including registration). We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our services, and more detailed contact preferences.
• We may collect personal information from you revealing your political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, association membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation. We will only collect this information when you have given express consent to SurveyMob to do so, this means that you have completed the question either as part of your profile or within a survey. Sensitive information will only be collected if it is directly related to, or reasonably necessary for, the research we conduct and if this meets the following ethical guidelines:
o The research is clearly for the purpose of providing or improving a public service, such as health or social service; or
o The research is clearly for the purposes of assisting an organisation to provide a positive non-commercial outcome – such as a radio program that meets the needs of certain communities.
How we use your personal information
• SurveyMob uses your information to select surveys that are appropriate for panel members.
• SurveyMob uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, we also use your information to help you complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on service and benefits, and to personalise our website for you.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to provide you with research panel or special offer information we think would be of particular interest. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such direct marketing or technical updates. We will also follow local requirements, such as allowing you to opt in before receiving unsolicited contact, where applicable.
• SurveyMob will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other SurveyMob entities and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses. Such SurveyMob entities and/or business partners are governed by our privacy policies with respect to the use of this data and are bound by the appropriate confidentiality agreements.
• Data collected online may also be combined with information you provide when making other contact with SurveyMob.
• If we wish to use any of this personal information, or data for any purpose other than those specified above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent to do so.
Use of a Pseudonym
• Due to the nature of Market and Social Research, we need to be able to identify the person attending the research, or answering the survey. This ensures accurate insights and decisions made about products, service and government policy. Data is not valid if we cannot confirm key details such as the demographics and postcode of the participants.
• It is therefore not possible to participate in Market and Social Research under a pseudonym. Your name and any other identifying information are always de-identified for the purpose of reporting, unless your consent has been expressly given.
Identified data – your rights
McNair yellowSquares may retain the responses to surveys in association with your contact details in case we need to check the information, and so that we can verify the quality and professionalism of our interviewers.
Your contact details may be kept in association with responses you have given if you have agreed to participate in related follow-up research.
All information stored by SurveyMob is kept in a secure database, protected by:
• Password limited access to the database; and
• Security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control; and
• Panel members cannot view any profile other than their own.
If SurveyMob holds identified data about you – that is, the answers you have given to a survey – in association with your contact details, you can contact us to request:
• Access to any information held that is associated with your identity;
• Request to have any information associated with you changed or updated;
• Request to have any information associated with you to be deleted.
You can do this by contacting us – using the Contact Form
Ways in which information is recorded
• All survey data is stored in the form of secure electronic databases.
• A selection of telephone interviews are recorded for quality control purposes. These recordings are only retained for a short period, and cannot be identified back to you at any time. You can request to not have your interview recorded by letting the interviewer know.
• Focus groups and in-person interviews may be audio and/or video recorded or watched live. In these cases you will be advised of this prior to the interview or focus group. Clients provided with audio or video recordings or who are permitted to watch an interview or focus groups are not provided with the identity of the participants.
Identifying our clients
McNair yellowSquares will always advise you who our client is for any research you are invited to participate in. In some cases we may not be able to advise you who our client is until the end of the survey in order to ensure that the answers that you give are not influenced by who our client is.
Accuracy and Access to your Information
• SurveyMob strives to keep your personally identifiable information accurate. We will provide you with access to your information, including making every effort to provide you with online access to your registration data so that you may view, update or correct your information at the SurveyMob site where it was submitted.
• To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections. To access your personally identifiable information, return to the web page where you originally entered it and follow the instructions on that web page. Certain areas of SurveyMob’s web sites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and through providing personal data.
• SurveyMob is committed to ensuring the security of your information.
• To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
• We use appropriate encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data. If you have questions on this please contact us.
Opt Out Policy
• Panel members may decline to respond to a survey or opt to drop membership at any time. We respect the decision to decline participation and will not try to dissuade you. Panellists who prefer not to complete a given survey need not do so without implications to participate in future surveys.
• When visiting the SurveyMob web site, the site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical and administrative purposes:
o the user’s server address – to consider the users who use the site regularly and tailor the site to their interests and requirements;
o the date and time of the visit to the site – this is important for identifying the website’s busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
o pages accessed and documents downloaded – this indicates to SurveyMob which pages or documents are most important to users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
o duration of the visit – this indicates to us how interesting and informative the SurveyMob site is to candidates;
o the type of browser used – this is important for browser specific coding;
o In order to optimize the SurveyMob web site and better understand its usage, we collect the visiting domain name or IP address, Computer Operating System, Browser Type and Screen Resolution
• No personal identifying information is stored on any cookie nor do we retain any cookie information on our databases.
Enquiries and Complaints
• If you wish to complain to the Market and Social Research Regulatory body, AMSRO, please click here: http://www.amsro.com.au/ and ask for their Privacy Officer.
• If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by: Email: email@example.com Phone: 1300 363 992.
Other Important Information
• Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
• Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
• Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.
In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.